If you would like an informal discussion please contact the Home Manager or:
Head of Care
Tel: 01461 206218
Our Care Homes
This Company believes that if a tenant wishes to make a complaint or register a concern they should find it easy to do so. It is Burnfoot Hall’s policy to welcome complaints and look upon them as an opportunity to learn, adapt and improve.
This policy is intended to ensure that complaints are dealt with properly and that all complaints or comments by tenants and their relatives are taken seriously. The policy is not designed to apportion blame, to consider the possibility of negligence or to provide compensation. It is not part of the Company’s disciplinary policy.
The Company believes that failure to listen to or acknowledge complaints will lead to an aggravation of problems, tenant dissatisfaction and possible litigation. The Company supports the concept that most complaints, if dealt with early, openly and honestly, can be sorted at a local level between just the complainant and Burnfoot Hall. At any time in the process or if this fails due to either the home or the complainant being dissatisfied with the result the complaint will be referred, and legal advice will be taken as per necessary.
The aim of the Company is to ensure that its complaints procedure is properly and effectively implemented and that tenants feel confident that their complaints and worries are listened to and acted upon promptly and fairly.
The goals of the Company are to ensure the following.
1. Tenant’s, their representatives and support workers are aware of how to complain and that Burnfoot Hall provides easy to use opportunities for them to register their complaints.
2. A named person will be responsible for the administration of the procedure.
3. Every complaint is acknowledged within three working days.
4. Investigations into written complaints are held within 28 days.
5. All complaints are responded to in writing by the home.
6. Complaints are dealt with promptly, fairly and sensitively with due regard to the upset and worry that they can cause.